Our well-established, L’Orignal, Ontario, customer is a profitable and growing specialized steel mill. They make premium quality products intended for specialized applications and are dedicated to impressing their customers with the dependability and excellence of both their products and service. The company is a leader in its industry in Canada and is seeking a qualified, bilingual, Financial Reporting Manager to fill a vacancy in the Accounting Department.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager will assist in the preparation of financial statements, perform financial reporting, analysis, reconciliations and also assist with planning and forecasting. The Financial Reporting Manager must be bilingual and have a deep knowledge of Financial Accounting and a thorough knowledge and understanding of all accounting cycles. The Financial Reporting Manager will also ensure compliance with the financial policies of the organization.
The salary range for this Financial Reporting Manager position is $70,000 – $90,000, reimbursement of annual CPA membership fees, payment of professional development training costs and company benefits.
If you are or know of a hands-on, bilingual (E/F) technically competent and attentive to detail Chartered Professional Accountant who is looking to join an very well established company and successful team, please arrange for a resume to be sent to email@example.com e-mail subject line: Financial Reporting Manager by June 28.
Please see details below. Chief Financial Interviewer, Inc. has only been asked to help advertise this Financial Reporting Manager position. All applications will be confidentially reviewed by the customers HR Manager. Our thanks to all applicants but, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly by the company. No agencies please.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Perform variance analysis, KPI (Key Performance Indicator) review and other analytical tasks
- Prepare fixed assets continuity schedule
- Various monthly reconciliations and journal entries
- Ad hoc analysis, including some related to costing (training will be provided)
- Participate in special projects with the objective of continous improvement in operational efficiency and reporting – eliminating non-valued activities
- Participate in the preparation of annual audit working papers
- Carry out periodic reviews of controls, expenditures and compliance
- Participate in and support the budget and forecast preparation
- Identify issues and proactively initiate analysis/solutions
- Ensure the proper internal controls are in place and maintained
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal reporting requirements
- Work on implementation of a variety of projects as need and directed by the Assistant Controller and senior management
- Other tasks required of a Financial Reporting Manager looking to continuously add value and grow as a business professional