Our customer is one of Oakville’s largest, single-office, full service, public accounting firms and was recently voted “Oakville’s Best Accounting Firm” as well as “Professional Service Provider of the Year (2016).” They are a unique firm because they are large enough to have the structure and comprehensive in-house training that develops your skills and expertise but, you also get to become part of a relaxed and welcoming family of co-workers where the work environment is friendly, conducive to learning new things, professional and, where you get personally involved in a very wide variety of clients with diverse business issues.
Not only will the Manager be responsible for the planning and execution of compilation, review and audit assurance engagements, either individually or in a team environment but, will also have hands-on involvement with personal and corporate tax, remuneration analysis, cash flow forecasts and will be regularly asked to look beyond the numbers to learn and contribute to other complex business topics such as systems reviews, corporate reorganizations and navigating inter-generational transfer of businesses and wealth. Ongoing professional development, diverse experiences, chances to mentor staff and regular opportunities to take on new and interesting challenges, while never having to be restricted to one type of client sector or one particular public accounting discipline, is what this leading firm offers to top-notch CPAs looking for professional challenges in an enjoyable work environment.
Reporting to the two Partners, the Manager will not only have the opportunity to grow their career within the firm but, be encouraged and able to have fun along the way – even during those tough tax seasons. A positive work-life balance is genuinely encouraged. The firm recognizes that a positive work-life balance is essential for being able to bring a great attitude towards work – which is what the Partners and the firm’s clients value as much as quality work outcomes.
The salary range for this Manager position is $80,000 to $105,000 (some upward flexibility for quality applicants with greater needs) plus a broad/competitive benefits package, flexible work hours (can start between 7-10 AM), payment of annual CPA membership fees and a brand new company car will be paid for (up to $500/month). Other benefits include; an additional 9-10 paid days off to compensate for overtime work, optional unpaid leave for longer periods of time in the summer, bonus for new clients brought into the firm as a percentage of billings in the first year and a new employee referral bonus of up to $5,000 per successful hire.
If you are or know of a Chartered Professional Accountant who is good at effectively performing hands-on financial tasks and leading public accounting staff, wants a more balanced work and lifestyle and is interested in growing their career within the firm as a generalist/leader, please arrange for a resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail subject line: Manager Application by July 11. Please see details below and note the customer will be doing their own screening and interviewing on this project and while they thank all applicant’s for their time and attention, only those candidates of further interest will receive direct contact from the firm. No agencies please.
The company requires a Manager who:
- Is willing and eager to learn on a constant and continuous basis.
- Is current with CAS and ASPE.
- Has strong tax knowledge or is able to learn it very quickly.
- Is highly proficient with Caseware, Taxprep and Quickbooks software.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Presents and leads and manages others well, in a professional manner.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm, friendly, professional manner.
- Makes the necessary investment to learn and teach staff all aspects of the job and thereby lay the foundation required to set themselves and the team up for success.
- Is, and will consistently remain, a team player and leader on behalf of client best interests.
- Is proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
- Asserts self and leads staff in order to meet agreed time frames and deadlines and overcome any problems which may get in the way of their achievement – adhoc requests included.
- Is a very quick study and has the ability to grasp concepts and practices and see trends.
- Brings superior investigative and analytical skills.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented.
- Has a strong customer service mindset and an ever present hunger to learn, teach and mentor staff.
- Always seeks to improve and has demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and completely satisfying clients.
- Is honest, forthcoming and will consistently complete high quality work in a timely manner and will effective guide staff to do the same.
- Upon arrival, meet with the Partners, the Sr. Managers and the staff and establish, and then actively maintain, constructive business relationships with them.
- Within 30 days, achieve headway regarding learning about the firm and the current processes and software solutions (Caseware & Taxprep) and start to become familiar with the client files assigned by the Sr. Manager(s) or Partners. Ideally the incumbent will be able to manage both compliance (Notice to Reader) and assurance (review and audit) files.
- Within 60 days,start the planning and execution of compilation, review and audit assurance engagements – including initial and ongoing discussion with the clients, preparation of planning section with detailed budgets, analysis with documentation and conclusions for each financial statement item, preparing and reviewing financial statements with the required note disclosures and reviewing corporate tax returns.
- Within 90 days, after receiving any necessary tax training, start preparing corporate and personal income tax returns, perform research of accounting, audit or taxation issues.
- Within 90 days, actively Manage and train the staff working on each client file.
- Within 120 days, start to become involved in special assignments that vary tremendously based on client needs and also with tax planning with owner managed clients including determination of optimum remuneration.
- Other tasks and projects required of a financial professional consistently looking to add value and demonstrate what they and the firm can do can do help client’s to consistently improve efficiency and grow profitably.