Our customer is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara / Hamilton / Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm has grown to include 26 Partners, 20 Managers and a cast of supporting staff. They have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. All of the firm’s services are performed while remaining personally involved with the clients and the communities where they work and live.
Living in the beautiful Niagara Region, working out of the firm’s St. Catharines office under the general supervision of the Tax Partner and/or Senior Tax Manager, the Tax Manager will work on various personal and corporate tax planning mandates. The Tax Manager will be an internal resource for all professionals who need tax support on their client files or on specific questions from their clients. He/she is responsible for overseeing the performance and training of subordinate professional staff members, including assuming the role of Development Advisor, if deemed appropriate.
The salary range for this Tax Manager position is $80,000 to $100,000 (some upward flexibility for quality applicants with greater needs) plus a broad/competitive benefits package, summer hours, payment of annual CPA membership fees and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
If you are or know of a Chartered Professional Accountant who has successfully completed the CPA Canada (CICA) In-depth Tax Course Part 1 and Part 2, has a thorough understanding of and experience with Canadian income taxation (US tax knowledge and experience is an asset)and is interested in growing their career within the firm as a professional tax leader, please arrange for a resume to be sent to
email@example.com e-mail subject line: Tax Manager Application by August 21.
Please see details below and note that the customer will be doing their own screening and interviewing on this project and while they thank all applicant’s for their time and attention, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
The company requires a Tax Manager who:
- Is willing and eager to learn on a constant and continuous basis.
- Is a hard working professional who is a self-starter.
- Has strong tax knowledge and wants to always stay up-to-date on client relevant rules.
- Is highly proficient with Caseware and Taxprep software.
- Has well developed verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Presents and leads and manages others well – in a professional manner.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm, friendly, professional manner.
- Makes the necessary investment to learn and teach staff all aspects of the job and thereby lay the foundation required to set themselves and the team up for success.
- Is, and will consistently remain, a team player and leader on behalf of client best interests.
- Is proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
- Asserts self and leads staff in order to meet agreed time frames and deadlines and overcome any problems which may get in the way of their achievement – adhoc requests included.
- Is a very quick study and has the ability to grasp concepts and practices and see trends.
- Brings superior investigative and analytical skills.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented.
- Has a strong customer service mindset and an ever present hunger to learn, teach and mentor staff.
- Always seeks to improve and has demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and completely satisfying clients.
- Is honest, forthcoming and will consistently complete high quality work in a timely manner and will effective guide staff to do the same.
- Engagements are planned, scheduled, staffed and carried out according to the firms standards and work philosophy.
- The quality and quantity of work meets all Firm and professional standards.
- Budgets are met and engagements are completed on a timely basis.
- Engagements are fully completed, with all issues resolved.
- Presentation of tax plans, including identification and discussion of issues with the clients.